Leicester – Huddersfield Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Leicester 3-1 Huddersfield
Date: 01.01.2024 | Match at: 13:30 | League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 20 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.53 | Bookie: Unibet.
Leicester – Huddersfield Predictions and Preview
- An immediate return to the Premier League has seemed inevitable for some time, but Leicester City’s unstoppable romp towards the title still manages to get more impressive by the week. The Foxes now sit eight points clear at the Championship summit after cruising to a 2-0 victory over Cardiff on Friday night, extending their unbeaten run to nine matches in the process (W7, D2).
- Enzo Maresca’s side are well placed to start 2024 with another victory then as they return to the King Power Stadium where they’ve won four successive league matches, scoring 12 goals in the process. They’ve been slow starters at this venue which remains a slight concern, netting just four first-half goals on home soil in the Championship this term, something visitors Huddersfield Town could potentially take advantage of.
- The Terriers travel south on the back of falling to a late defeat against Middlesbrough in midweek, so they’ll be looking to avoid their first set of back-to-back losses since October. Boss Darren Moore lamented the “fine margins” that went against his side, but with a gap of just four points to the drop zone ahead of this round, they’ll need to spin them in their favour to try and transform a concerning run of just one win from their last seven matches (D3, L3).
- Travelling is far from the Yorkshire side’s strong-suit either, emerging victorious from only one of their last nine Championship away matches (D4, L4). There’s no tougher trip to make in the second-tier either, and as Huddersfield have failed to win any of the last seven H2Hs (D1, L6) and have won just one away H2H since October 1954, there could be more misery in store for the Terriers’ faithful.
- Players to watch: Leicester’s Patson Daka may have blanked on Thursday, but he’s directly contributed to six goals across his last six appearances (G4, A2). With Huddersfield talisman Delano Burgzorg remaining a doubt for this clash, Sorba Thomas may need to step up – the Welshman scored and assisted in the Terriers’ recent 3-0 win over Blackburn.
- Hot stat: Both teams have scored in 16 of Huddersfield’s 25 Championship games – the second-highest total in the division.