Real Sociedad – Alaves Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Real Sociedad 1-1 Alaves
Date: 02.01.2024 | Match at: 19:15 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 19 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.53 | Bookie: Unibet.
Real Sociedad – Alaves Predictions and Preview
- After their last three competitive outings resulted in 0-0 draws, Real Sociedad will be looking to finally break their goal scoring drought during the first La Liga (LL) matchday of 2024. Another goalless outing prior to Christmas against Cádiz saw them drop to sixth in the standings, and although progression to the UEFA Champions League knockout stages has already been sealed for this season, a top-four finish this campaign remains the ultimate aim for the hosts.
- Even despite their lack of finishing of late, Sociedad are still unbeaten across their past six LL outings (W3, D3), a streak which has been aided by their resolute defending. Their solid backline has now delivered five successive clean sheets across all competitions and that could continue here against Basque rivals Alavés, who they’ve beaten ‘to nil’ in three straight home LL meetings.
- As for visiting Alavés, they look set to be in for a long season after three straight LL defeats have put them right back into the ensuing relegation dogfight. They begin this round just three points above the drop zone as they continue to be held back by a distinct lack of firepower, as they remain the competition’s joint-lowest goalscorers to this point with only 14 strikes to their name.
- There’s also the small matter of Alavés’ dreadful away league form which continues to hamper their efforts. That’s because this LL season they’ve taken just three points on the road, whilst overall, they failed to win any of their past 24 away LL outings (D6, L18) – their worst ever winless streak away from home in top-flight history.
- Players to watch: Sociedad’s Takefusa Kubo has struck six LL goals so far this campaign, three of which have come before the tenth minute, whilst all of those goals came on home soil. For Alavés, Samu Omorodion could be their main threat in this one as he has five LL strikes to his name this campaign, four of which arrived after half-time.
- Hot stat: Alavés’ LL matches this season have averaged just 8.28 total corners – the lowest average in the competition heading into this round.