Sevilla – Ath Bilbao Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Sevilla 0-2 Ath Bilbao
Date: 04.01.2024 | Match at: 19:15 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 19 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.32 | Bookie: Unibet.
Sevilla – Ath Bilbao Predictions and Preview
- There were yet more tumultuous administrative changes at Sevilla over the Christmas break as highly successful club President José Castro Carmona was ousted for Vice-President José María del Nido Carrasco, son of former disgraced President José María del Nido Benavente. Benavente lambasted his son’s appointment as “the most illegitimate” in the club’s history, ensuring things will remain unsettled at board level for quite some time.
- On the pitch, new head coach Quique Sánchez Flores has had the Christmas break to continue getting familiar with his new group, who came up short in a 1-0 loss away to one of his former employers Atlético Madrid last round. That was their fourth loss in five competitive matches (W1), meaning Flores could really do with a win here to start trying to endear himself to the home faithful, but Sevilla’s LL record as betting underdogs – like they are for this one – doesn’t inspire much hope (W0, D3, L4).
- Whereas Sevilla are enduring their worst start to a season of the last 20 years, Athletic Bilbao are enjoying their best! The last time they had collected more than 30 points after 18 rounds (2013/14) they went on to qualify for the Champions League, and although there’s still some way to go yet, they do come into this round just three points off fourth place.
- Athletic travel to Sevilla unbeaten in eight LL games, (W5, D3) but it’s worth noting just one of those five victories came away from home. Yet even so, the visitors should be confident of taking home at least one point from this trip, having lost away only to fellow top-four contenders Barcelona (1-0) and Sociedad (3-0) this LL season, but a 1-1 draw at lowly Granada in their most recent LL away fixture is a reminder to take no opposition for granted.
- Players to watch: Óliver Torres is yet to score this LL season, but could be inspired by having scored Sevilla’s only goal at home to Athletic last term. Iñaki Williams produced five of Athletic’s nine LL away goals this season, including the last three.
- Hot streak: Flores failed to win each of his last eight LL games against Athletic (D6, L2), as well as his last eight league games against manager Ernesto Valverde (D4, L4).