Liverpool – Fulham Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Liverpool 2-1 Fulham
Date: 10.01.2024 | Match at: 21:00 | League: ENGLAND: EFL CUP – SEMI-FINALS | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.42 | Bookie: Unibet.
Liverpool – Fulham Predictions and Preview
- No Salah, no problem for Liverpool who began a spell without their Egyptian king due to AFCON duties with a 2-0 FA Cup victory over Arsenal, their third win on the trot. Jürgen Klopp’s side now turn their attention to the first of a two-legged EFL Cup semi-final tie with Fulham, hoping to take one step closer to extending their record as the tournament’s most frequent winners by adding a tenth title.
- The first-leg being at Anfield will serve as a massive advantage for the Reds considering they’re undefeated in their last 23 matches at home in all competitions (W19, D4). The aim will be to all but wrap this tie up before they head to Craven Cottage, which is a real possibility considering Liverpool have won 12 of their 15 home games this season by a margin of two goals or more.
- One of those exceptions was when Fulham paid Anfield a visit just before Christmas, where Marco Silva’s men played their part in a Premier League classic despite going down 4-3. They now head back to Merseyside aiming for their first EFL Cup win over Liverpool after nine previous failed attempts (D2, L7), one of which saw them suffer the tournament’s joint-heaviest defeat when they lost 10-0 in September 1983.
- The Cottagers will be focusing more on their recent form, which boasts an impressive 2-1 win over London rivals Arsenal before winning their FA Cup tie 1-0 against Rotherham at the weekend. Whether that form continues here remains to be seen, as the visitors could suffer from stage fright with this being their first-ever appearance in the tournament’s semi-finals.
- Players to watch: Liverpool’s Curtis Jones scored twice in their 5-1 quarter-final win over West Ham, ensuring he’s still never lost when scoring for his boyhood club (W9, D2). His former teammate Harry Wilson will once again look to haunt his old club after scoring at Anfield earlier this season, which contributed to 15 of his last 21 goals coming away from home.
- Hot stat: Liverpool’s last 28 games this season have featured 34 goals after the 75th minute.