Burnley – Luton Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Burnley 1-1 Luton
Date: 12.01.2024 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 21 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Burnley – Luton Predictions and Preview
- While January may be too early to class this game as season defining for Burnley, the fact that three of their four games to follow this come against Manchester City, Arsenal and Liverpool certainly raises the importance of it. Fellow bottom three occupants Luton Town are the visitors to Turf Moor, but home comforts certainly won’t bring around too much optimism for the Clarets, who have won just one home league game this season (L9).
- In fact, Burnley have won just three Premier League games this term (D2, L15), though one of them did come in the reverse fixture back in October (2-1). The pair came up from the Championship together last season, and after playing out a 1-1 draw in the corresponding fixture of the previous campaign in what was boss Vincent Kompany’s Turf Moor managerial debut for the club, Burnley’s winless run in home H2Hs now stretches back to March 1995 (D4, L3 since).
- Luton’s return to the top-flight has been slightly more successful than Burnley’s so far, with the Hatters four points better off than their counterparts despite playing a game less (W4, D3, L12). Back-to-back wins prior to a 3-2 defeat against Chelsea in their last Premier League outing helped move them to within a point of safety, and knowing a win here will see them move out of the drop zone, the incentive is there for Rob Edwards’ side.
- They should travel with a degree of confidence of lifting their heads above water too, as their two other Premier League visits to their fellow bottom-four sides this season yielded victories. Both of those came by slender one-goal margins, and that’s something that’s proved customary in Luton’s league games of late, with their last five all being decided in such a way (W2, L3).
- Players to watch: Watch out for a fast start from Burnley’s Wilson Odobert, who has opened the scoring with all three of his Premier League goals. Having been on trial throughout the summer with Burnley, only to not be offered a contract, Luton’s Andros Townsend would surely love to show the Clarets what they’re missing.
- Hot stat: Burnley have only kept a first-half clean sheet in two of their ten home league games this term.