Chelsea – Fulham Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Chelsea 1-0 Fulham
Date: 13.01.2024 | Match at: 13:30 | League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 21 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.64 | Bookie: Unibet.
Chelsea – Fulham Predictions and Preview
- It has been a rather topsy-turvy week of cup action for Chelsea which saw them ultimately brush aside Preston North End 4-0 in the FA Cup before falling to a chastening 1-0 defeat at the hands of a plucky Middlesbrough in midweek EFL Cup action. They now return to Premier League duties against their great west London derby rivals and fellow League Cup semi-finalists, Fulham.
- The Stamford Bridge faithful will be hoping for a response, especially as they had scored nine times in three games before their unsuccessful trip to the North East. Despite some indifferent league form this season which places them in mid-table, history suggests they may well do that as after 90 prior west London derbies between these sides, Chelsea comfortably lead the way in the all-time stakes (W51, D27, L12), a run which includes 18 straight unbeaten home league matches going back to 1979 (W11, D7).
- Fulham also posted a negative, albeit spirited, result in midweek with a 2-1 loss at Liverpool in their semi-final, making it increasingly less likely that this will be a dress rehearsal for a derby day in the EFL Cup final. They can realistically hope for a resurgence here though, as Fulham head into this fixture on the back of consecutive London derby victories and now seek a third in succession for the first time in over a decade.
- Just four points behind their local rivals, Fulham’s top-half bid could be done a world of good with a win. Yet taking to the road, however short that journey may be, is a big negative for Marco Silva’s men, who have won just one Premier League away game all season (D3, L6), while failing to find the net at all in each of their three league encounters on their travels to teams placed between 9th and 14th ahead of this round (D1, L2).
- Players to watch: Mykhaylo Mudryk scored his very first Chelsea goal against Fulham back in October, with three of his four strikes for the club serving as his side’s opener. Looking to outdo him will be former Blue Willian, who opened the scoring against Liverpool on Wednesday and also netted first in a 2-1 triumph over his old employers in league action last term.
- Hot stat: Chelsea are winless in 11 of their last 15 Premier League London derbies (W4, D4, L7).