Everton – Aston Villa Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Everton 0-0 Aston Villa
Date: 14.01.2024 | Match at: 15:00 | League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 21 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.45 | Bookie: Unibet.
Everton – Aston Villa Predictions and Preview
- After a hectic period of playing nine games in just over a month, Everton got to enjoy a much-needed ten-day break ahead of this return to Premier League action against high-flying Aston Villa. The Toffees produced a determined 0-0 FA Cup draw at Crystal Palace with ten men last time out, which ended a four-game losing run but that stalemate did still extend their winless streak to five competitive outings in the process.
- Dangling perilously above the drop zone heading into the round as a result, Everton will need to rediscover the form that saw them start December with four successive wins. That won’t be easy against a Villa side who have had their number since returning to the Premier League in 2019 though, as the Toffees haven’t beaten Villa in any of the nine league matches since the away team’s promotion (D2, L7).
- The home side did beat the visitors 2-1 in the Carabao Cup in September, but the fact that Villa have lost just two of their 20 competitive games since (W14, D4) underlines the fine job that manager Unai Emery has been doing at the club. His impact is further reiterated by the 85 points that Villa accumulated in the last calendar year, with only champions Manchester City managing more (93).
- Villa’s fine form this season has made them legitimate outsiders for the Premier League crown and they start the round just three points behind leaders Liverpool. Yet, if they really want to legitimise those credentials they need to improve their away form, as just three of their last eight league road trips have now delivered victories (D2, L3).
- Players to watch: Everton were relieved to see Dominic Calvert-Lewin’s red card from the clash with Palace overturned this week, as he scored the decisive goal when these two met in September. Villa’s Douglas Luiz netted in the first PL meeting between the two sides and boasts three goal contributions across his last four competitive appearances (G1, A2).
- Hot streak: Everton have lost their last seven PL games against sides starting the round inside the top six.