Leeds – Preston Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Leeds 2-1 Preston
Date: 21.01.2024 | Match at: 13:00 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 28 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.30 | Bookie: Unibet.
Leeds – Preston Predictions and Preview
- Back-to-back league wins have kept Leeds in the race for automatic promotion, though they can ill afford many more slip ups, given they’re still seven points off the pace for the top two ahead of this round of games. Boss Daniel Farke labelled his side’s 3-0 victory at Cardiff last time out their “most mature performance” of the season to date, and they’ll need plenty more of those if they’re to achieve an instant return to the Premier League come May.
- United now return to Elland Road where they remain unbeaten this season (W9, D4), with no other team in the division able to boast that accolade. And if they avoid defeat on Sunday, it’ll be the first time they’ve gone unbeaten in their first 14 home league games of a campaign since 2009/10 in League One.
- Visitors Preston haven’t won a league game at Elland Road since the following season (2010/11), losing three of their five such visits since (D2). Adding to their woes, North End have lost six of their last nine on the road in the Championship (W2, D1), and with each of those games seeing the side who scored first go on to win, Preston will hope for a fast start here.
- Despite their troubles on the road of late, Ryan Lowe’s men are still within touching distance of the top six. The PNE chief remains under fire from sections of the club’s support, but self-admittedly made “bold decisions” last time out against Bristol City to win them the game, with half-time substitute Will Keane grabbing a brace, becoming just the fifth player to score after coming off the bench for the Lilywhites this season – only five clubs have had less.
- Key battle: Leeds’ Crysencio Summerville has scored eight of his 12 league goals this season at Elland Road, including one in each of the last four at home. Preston captain Alan Browne has scored in both of his last two appearances against Leeds, including on Boxing Day.
- Hot stat: Daniel Farke hasn’t faced any other side more often in the dugout than Preston, but he has won just two of his eight meetings against them (D4, L2).