Cagliari – Torino Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Cagliari 1-2 Torino
Date: 25.01.2024 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 22 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.45 | Bookie: Unibet.
Cagliari – Torino Predictions and Preview
- Cagliari imploded last weekend against Frosinone, conceding three goals beyond the hour mark to suffer a 3-1 defeat which ended what had been a solid three-game unbeaten league run prior (W1, D2). Verona’s loss to Roma meant they managed to stay one point above the relegation zone, but with games against the two capital clubs chasing European qualification to follow this clash with Torino, they’ll be desperate to secure maximum points here.
- A huge positive in Cagliari’s endeavour to beat the drop is their form at Unipol Domus as they’re unbeaten in their last six games here (W4, D2). Notably, three of those wins have come despite conceding the match opener, meaning the hosts shouldn’t be deterred if they fall behind here.
- Torino come into the round boasting the joint-third best defensive record in the league this campaign (GA18). Only the top-two teams have kept more clean sheets than the visitors’ ten, and they registered another shutout in the goalless draw against Genoa last matchday, which was also the score in the reverse fixture between these two sides. Il Toro’s blunt attacking displays, however, mean they don’t have more than a mid-table placing to show for their robust defensive performances, with their paltry tally of 18 goals in their 20 league games so far this season undoubtedly cause for concern.
- Failing to score in their last four road trips has contributed to that measly return in front of goal (D2, L2). They’d love to improve on that in this clash and might be confident of doing so considering they have secured positive results at this venue from six of their last seven league H2H visits (W4, D2, L1), finding the net in all but of those games too!
- Key battle: Simone Scuffet missed the reverse fixture and the Cagliari goalkeeper has only one league shutout this season, though that did come at home. Doubling that tally could depend on halting Duván Zapata, who has assisted two of Torino’s last three league goals and has three contributions across his last four league games against Cagliari (G2, A1).
- Hot stat: Torino have kept a league-high 18 first-half clean sheets this campaign.