Salernitana – AS Roma Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Salernitana 1-2 AS Roma
Date: 29.01.2024 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 22 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.32 | Bookie: Unibet.
Salernitana – AS Roma Predictions and Preview
- Even scoring inside two minutes wasn’t enough for Salernitana last weekend, as they crashed to a 2-1 loss against Genoa – a seventh defeat across nine competitive games (W1, D1) that keeps them rooted to the bottom of Serie A. As their three season top-flight stay comes under increasing threat, the hosts start the weekend six points adrift of safety, and with only two league wins to their name this term, the picture is looking increasingly grim.
- One of those victories came against Lazio, but as another capital club Roma come to the Stadio Arechi, it’s hard to see how hopes can be high of dishing out more capital punishment. That win over Lazio did at least come at this venue and was their only triumph across their last five top-flight games here (W1, D1, L3), while their only other avoidance of defeat was a creditable draw against AC Milan.
- Roma revived their top-four chase with a 2-1 win over Verona last weekend in Daniele De Rossi’s first match as manager. Following that up here would see him become the first manager since Rudi Garcia in 2013 to win his first two top-flight matches with the club, and their H2H record should give him confidence of achieving it, with Roma winning six of their last nine league H2Hs (D2, L1), although the last two have been 2-2 draws.
- If De Rossi is to claim that slice of history, he’ll have to drastically improve Roma’s away form which has been sub-standard of late, with the visitors winning just one of their last nine competitive road trips (D2, L6) – a record bookended by four consecutive defeats. They worryingly failed to score in six of those nine games, but having netted in each of their 11 prior H2Hs, the visiting fans should at least be hopeful of avoiding adding to that scoreless count.
- Key battle: Salernitana stopper Guillermo Ochoa has conceded exactly two goals in his last two league games, just as he did in his two personal career H2Hs against Roma. Looking to breach his resistance, Romelu Lukaku scored Roma’s opener in their last league game and has seen four of his last six club goals arrive before the 25th minute.
- Hot stat: Ahead of the round, Salernitana have conceded a league-high average of 6.5 corners per match this season.