Heidenheim – Dortmund Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Heidenheim 0-0 Dortmund
Date: 02.02.2024 | Match at: 20:30 | League: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 20 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.43 | Bookie: Unibet.
Heidenheim – Dortmund Predictions and Preview
- Heidenheim’s 1-1 draw at Hoffenheim last time out extended their league run to three successive stalemates, with that winless streak contributing to them dropping out of the top half of the Bundesliga table. However, the competition debutants won’t be too disheartened given they still boast a sizeable 11-point gap to the relegation zone, while they’re still in the midst of an expanding club record six consecutive Bundesliga games unbeaten (W3, D3).
- This means the hosts are one of just six teams in the German top-flight who have yet to lose this calendar year, and while massive underdogs for this contest against Borussia Dortmund, 17 of their 23 seasonal points being won at home suggests they should never be discounted here. They also battled from 2-0 down to secure an impressive 2-2 draw in the last H2H meeting in September.
- Dortmund are starting to build a head of steam as they bid to close the gap on the league leaders. They are unbeaten in five league games, winning all three so far in 2024, with Edin Terzic’s side also netting 3+ goals in each of those successes – something they had not previously done in three straight league games since May 2023. At the other end of the pitch, you’d have to go back to the 3-2 home defeat to RB Leipzig – in which they finished with ten men – for the last time they shipped more than a single goal in a league contest.
- That form has played a part in the visitors’ travelling south with the third-best Bundesliga away record (W4, D4, L1) ahead of the round, and another success here would see BVB win three consecutive away league games for the first time since a streak of eight straight Bundesliga victories one year ago which kick-started 2023.
- Players to watch: Eren Dinkçi was on target for Heidenheim last weekend, as he was in the reverse fixture, although just three of his seven league goals have come in home games so far. In blistering form of late, Niclas Füllkrug boasts four goals in Dortmund’s last two games, but three were penalties.
- Hot stat: A league-high five Heidenheim home games this season produced over 4.5 total goals (W3, L2).