Zenit – Dortmund Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Zenit 1-2 Dortmund
Date: 08.12.2020 | Match at: 18:55 | League: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 6 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.47 | Bookie: Unibet
- No matter the result, Zenit Saint Petersburg will finish last in this UEFA Champions League (UCL) group (D1, L4) after conceding an average of 2.2 goals per fixture. Their only point came at home though (1-1 vs Lazio), whilst a 5-1 top-flight victory here at the weekend ended Zenit’s four-game winless run in all competitions (D2, L2).
- To their credit, the Russians have scored in 15 straight home games, winning the vast majority of them (W12, D1, L2), and that’s despite 14 of those fixtures witnessing both teams score. However their record at home against German opposition in European competition isn’t likely to boost morale (W2, D2, L6), and with nothing to play for here the motivation to improve on that may be lacking.
- Borussia Dortmund have already qualified for the knockouts, but a win here would guarantee they top the group. However despite winning three of their five UCL group stage fixtures by a 2+ goal margin (W3, D1, L1) – including a 2-0 victory in the reverse fixture – Dortmund travel here on a three-game winless run in all competitions (D2, L1), after conceding the opener within ten minutes in two of those matches.
- With superstar striker Erling Haaland – who has scored 60% of Dortmund’s UCL group stage goals – sidelined for now, Dortmund have lost a huge attacking threat. They are at least unbeaten in their last four away games though (W3, D1), but have lost six of their previous nine UCL away matches (W3) – all nine of which saw a 2+ goal margin.
- Players to watch: Artem Dzyuba scored Zenit’s previous UCL goal, and netted in his side’s last two competitive home games. Meanwhile, Jadon Sancho netted the opener in the reverse fixture, and scored in Dortmund’s last UCL win.
- Hot stat: The winner on the day has been leading at HT in eight of Dortmund’s last nine UCL away games.
|Head-to-head matches: ZENIT – DORTMUND|
|28.10.20||CL||Dortmund||Zenit||2 : 0|
|19.03.14||CL||Dortmund||Zenit||1 : 2|
|25.02.14||CL||Zenit||Dortmund||2 : 4|