Midtjylland – Liverpool Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Midtjylland 1-1 Liverpool
Date: 09.12.2020 | Match at: 18:55 | League: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 6 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.67 | Bookie: Unibet
- Danish minnows FC Midtjylland were out of the UEFA Champions League (UCL) proper at the earliest possibility after four straight defeats. In consolation to their plight, they won their first-ever UCL point in the last round. That 1-1 draw also marked the first time they avoided conceding more than one goal (2.4 on average per match).
- At home, Midtjylland have performed excellently outside the UCL group stage (W6, D1) this season, keeping five clean sheets in those seven matches. Yet, they have come up short in the UCL itself, losing both group stage home assignments so far while conceding six goals. Five of those were conceded in the first half.
- Liverpool secured the group win by beating Ajax in the last round (W4, L1), and have the luxury option of fielding a rotated side here in a hectic season. Regardless, they are favourites here, and have won seven of their last ten competitive matches (D2, L1), scoring 2+ goals in six of the ten. Just one of their last five competitive matches has featured both teams scoring.
- Away from home, Liverpool are unbeaten in five (W2, D3), with Liverpool scoring the opener in all five – thrice within the opening 20 minutes. Notably, Liverpool have found the net in all nine competitive matches played away from Anfield this season, scoring 2.44 goals on average per match (90 minutes only).
- Players to watch: Alexander Scholz (MID) scored in the last UCL round, and again domestically (via the penalty spot) at the weekend.
- Restricted to a substitute cameo at the weekend, Diogo Jota (LIV) might be primed to continue his red-hot form here and add to his tally of four UCL goals.
- Hot stat: Nine of the last ten total goals in competitive Liverpool matches have been scored in the second half.
|Head-to-head matches: MIDTJYLLAND – LIVERPOOL|
|27.10.20||CL||Liverpool||Midtjylland||2 : 0|