Bordeaux – Rennes Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Bordeaux 1-1 Rennes
Date: 26.09.2021 | Match at: 12:00 | League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 8 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Bordeaux – Rennes Match Preview
- Freshly boosted by a first Ligue 1 (L1) victory of the campaign – and their first ever league win under the ownership of Gérard López – Bordeaux showed great spirit despite trailing twice in their midweek 3-3 draw at Montpellier. The hosts’ next mission is to address being winless in their opening four home games of a L1 campaign for the first time in ten years.
- Bordeaux never gave up in their high-octane stalemate at Montpellier, but they continued to show ill effects from a lack of new defensive signings. Indeed, Vladimir Petkovic’s men possess the league’s joint-leakiest defence, and 16 goals conceded from seven top-flight matches is their worst return at the same point since 1959/60 (20th – relegated).
- Visiting Rennes make this trip hoping to end their current five-game winless run on the road in the league (D1, L4). They do so after registering the largest top-flight win in the club’s history, as they hammered newcomers Clermont 6-0 last time out, and with their previous five L1 fixtures witnessing only one side score, netting first could well be vital for them again.
- Though Rennes are fancied strongly to win, any scoring from them may be delayed, as they are without a goal before the 45th minute in seven L1 road trips. Meanwhile, if the pre-match favourites fail to score at all, they would mark the first time since 2015/16 that any Rennes side has registered three consecutive away scoring blanks in a single L1 campaign.
- Players to watch: In-form Hwang Ui-jo has found the net within 20 minutes in Bordeaux’ previous two L1 matches. Aiming to eclipse him, Rennes’ Gaëtan Laborde has been involved in one goal in four of his previous five personal H2Hs with Bordeaux (two goals, two assists).
- Hot stat: Just one of the previous 30 L1 H2Hs has seen both sides score before half-time.