Stoke – West Brom Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Stoke 1-0 West Brom
Date: 01.10.2021 | Match at: 19:45 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 11 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.36 | Bookie: Unibet.
Stoke – West Brom Match Preview
- Friday night’s Championship action takes place at the Bet365 Stadium, as Stoke City look to build on their current three-game unbeaten run (W2, D1) in order to move within touching distance of the top of the table. Things are looking up for the promotion-chasing hosts, who are currently enjoying their finest start to a Championship season since being relegated from the Premier League in 2018.
- This game against West Bromwich Albion is known by some Stoke fans as their biggest rivalry, and this Midlands H2H clash has a rich 133-year history (STO: W62, D37, L49). The unrelenting home crowd could push Stoke over the line here, as they’ve picked up more home points (W4, D1) than all but Championship surprise package Coventry.
- Valérien Ismaël’s West Brom continued their promotion push with their joint-biggest league win of the season last time out (4-0 vs Cardiff), and they remain unbeaten in the league under the Frenchman (W6, D4). An immediate return to the top flight is not beyond the ‘Baggies’, who did exactly that following two of their last four relegations.
- After that emphatic win at Cardiff, West Brom have now gone unbeaten in their first five away league games. Yet, they may be wary of a setback, as they lost on the sixth attempt away from home in their last Championship season (1-0), and have never opened a Championship campaign with 6+ unbeaten away games.
- Players to watch: Stoke’s Nick Powell currently enjoys his best run of scoring games (three) since an identical run in 2018. On the other hand, West Brom’s Matt Phillips looks a revitalised force, contributing to as many goals across his last seven league games (three goals, two assists) as he did in 52 league appearances prior.
- Hot streak: In records going back to 1995/96, none of the last 35 competitive H2Hs have seen both teams score before half-time.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Stoke 1-0 West Brom Predictions and Betting Tips 01.10.2021"