Barnsley – Sheffield Utd Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Barnsley 2-3 Sheffield Utd
Date: 24.10.2021 | Match at: 12:30 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 14 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Barnsley – Sheffield Utd Match Preview
- The threat of relegation to League One looms large for Barnsley even at this early stage of the Championship campaign, as their transformation from promotion contenders to candidates for the drop continued with a fifth consecutive league defeat in midweek. Not only are Barnsley losing, they are doing so badly, hitting just one goal across their last 592 minutes of play.
- The 130-year old West Stand at Oakwell will be closed for this game due to safety concerns and that might well be for the best for home fans, who have now had to witness Barnsley’s longest winless run on home soil since finishing one point above the drop zone in 2018/19 (D2, L3).
- Any hope of an immediate Premier League return seems far-fetched for Sheffield United after a run of three defeats from four games (W1), two of which saw them lead or equalise in the game. Coincidentally, the visitors lost after leading in their last visit here, a feat they’ll look to avoid repeating in this heated South Yorkshire derby as they instead hope to improve upon their already strong 74% unbeaten rate in overall H2Hs (W32, D26, L20).
- The away side can find some encouragement from their manager Slaviša Jokanović’s perfect personal record vs Barnsley from his previous time at Fulham, when his side scored at least twice in every encounter (W4). That looks easier said than done here for the blunt ‘Blades’ though, who have now scored fewer than two goals in all but one of their last 16 road trips.
- Players to watch: Cauley Woodrow came closest to ending Barnsley’s goal drought last time out, registering two of their three shots on target in that game. As for Sheffield United, Billy Sharp was on the losing side in his last two goalscoring appearances, and seeks his first Championship away goal against Barnsley since his first such trip here back in 2007/08!
- Hot stat: Both sides have averaged two or more yellow cards per match across the last five H2Hs.