Angers – Nice Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Angers 1-2 Nice
Date: 31.10.2021 | Match at: 13:00 | League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 12 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.35 | Bookie: Unibet.
Angers – Nice Match Preview
- Angers were left frustrated last weekend, as two late strikes saw rock-bottom St Étienne claim a last-gasp point, despite trailing 2-0 until the hour mark. They may have won just one of their last seven Ligue 1 matches (D4, L2), but the team’s tally of 17 goals scored from 11 top-flight matches is their best return at this stage since 1976/77!
- The hosts sit only three points off third-placed Nice ahead of this matchday, so they would catch their opponents with a win here. While ‘Le SCO’ have won just one of their previous seven home league H2Hs, the fact they have kept a clean sheet in their three home games against sides from 2020/21 Ligue 1’s top six (W2, D1) should boost their confidence.
- It’s been a great Ligue 1 season so far for Nice, who have suffered only two losses after 11 rounds (W6, D3), for the club’s best start in the top flight at this stage since 2016/17 – a season that saw them finish third. Additionally, only once across their most recent 17 Ligue 1 campaigns have they conceded so few goals (eight) at this stage.
- Visiting coach Christophe Galtier was Ligue 1’s best defensive tactician last season (with Lille), and unsurprisingly, ‘Les Aiglons’ have registered more clean sheets on the road (three) than any other Ligue 1 side to date. Scoring first could be the key to victory, as just one of their previous eight away league matches have seen both teams score.
- Players to watch: Sofiane Boufal has netted the game’s opener in two of Angers’ three home league wins this campaign, while Nice’s Amine Gouiri, has been involved in the game’s closing goal in the previous two Ligue 1 H2Hs (1G, 1A).
- Hot stat: Six of Nice’s previous seven Ligue 1 road trips have seen the opener scored within 25 minutes.