Mainz – B. Monchengladbach Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Mainz 1-1 B. Monchengladbach
Date: 05.11.2021 | Match at: 20:30 | League: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 11 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.44 | Bookie: Unibet.
Mainz – B. Monchengladbach Match Preview
- After a run of four Bundesliga games without a win (D1, L3), Mainz now find themselves flying high just outside the Champions League placings after back-to-back wins over opposition from the relegation zone. Their current record (W5, D1, L4) is their best ten-game start since 2010/11, when Thomas Tuchel led them to fifth place and Europe with current coach Bo Svensson actually part of the squad!
- Much of their success this season has been down to their steely defence which has conceded a joint-second lowest average of one goal per game, an average that drops to a league-best 0.6 goals against at home. Facing better opposition this round, Mainz might need to up their performance over the whole 90 minutes as seven of their nine home league goals have been stuck in the opening period, subsequently opening the scoring in each game here to see at least a goal.
- Borussia Mönchengladbach built on their famous 5-0 win against Bayern Munich in the DFB-Pokal with a hard-fought 2-1 success against Bochum last round to push them up to tenth in the table. Despite ranking lower than their matchday hosts, an unbeaten streak of five H2Hs here (W4, D1) raises hopes that they could leapfrog Mainz with victory.
- Mainz might be suffering from a dearth of second-half league goals at home, but Gladbach have scored just two goals after half-time on the road (and four overall) for a return of just three points from their travels (W1, L4). They also seem to lack the ability to fight back, as they’ve won just one of 15 possible points (D1, L4) after conceding first this season, which will concern fans ahead of this clash.
- Players to watch: Jonathan Burkardt has scored for Mainz in four consecutive competitive games for a total of seven goal involvements during that run (G5, A2). Breel Embolo, meanwhile, scored the last two goals in the recent cup win and he netted the match opener in the only away league win for Gladbach this season.
- Hot stat: The last four H2Hs have each seen over 1.5 first-half goals.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Mainz 1-1 B. Monchengladbach Predictions and Betting Tips 05.11.2021"