Espanyol – Granada CF Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Espanyol 2-0 Granada CF
Date: 06.11.2021 | Match at: 14:00 | League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 13| Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.40 | Bookie: Unibet.
Espanyol – Granada CF Match Preview
- The 1995/96 La Liga (LL) campaign remains the last time Espanyol dared to even finish a place behind their city rivals Barcelona, but given the table’s current makeup, this is the club’s best chance in a generation to go one better and finish above their neighbours. However, Espanyol missed an opportunity to go above Barcelona on Hallows’ Eve, by giving Getafe their maiden win of the campaign.
- Espanyol should feel confident about their chances of bouncing back here, as they are unbeaten in four at home (W3, D1). That said, the ‘Periquitos’ might not put Granada to the sword straight away, as in a run going back to August 2018, none of Espanyol’s last 16 LL home wins have seen them score 2+ first-half goals.
- Granada will travel full of confidence after thrashing Levante 3-0 on Monday, with that result marking the club’s most resounding LL away win since February 2020, and moving them above immediate danger. Though facing adverse odds, the visitors will now aim to complete a set of successive LL away games won by 2+ goals for the first time since September 2019!
- The ‘Nazaríes’ are still by no means strong underdogs, as they have just two wins from nine games entered as outsiders this term (W2, D3, L4). Granada’s poor all-time H2H away record is also difficult to ignore (W3, D4, L16), though their last visit here saw them run out 3-0 winners.
- Players to watch: Sergi Gómez equalised in vain during Espanyol’s defeat at Getafe, but he has still ended up on the winning side in two-thirds of his goalscoring career games overall (W4, D1, L1). Home fans should fear Granada’s Darwin Machís though, as he assisted the third and final match goal during both clashes against Espanyol two seasons ago (W2).
- Hot stat: Each of the last five H2Hs at Espanyol to see a first-half goal produced a half-time/full-time winner.