Argentina – Brazil Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Argentina 0-0 Brazil
Date: 17.11.2021 | Match at: 00:30 | League: World Cup – Qualification | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.62 | Bookie: Unibet.
Argentina – Brazil Match Preview
- The farcical suspension after seven minutes of action in the reverse fixture adds more spice to this World Cup Qualification (WCQ) fixture as 25,000 fans get ready to watch the ‘Superclásico de las Américas’ in San Juan. Reigning Copa América champions Argentina can secure a World Cup spot with a win and a few favours elsewhere, which could explain why they might be about to risk starting Lionel Messi, who played only 14 minutes in their previous match and isn’t fully fit.
- Currently amid a 26-game unbeaten run, ‘La Albiceleste’ haven’t seen their defence even breached in five WCQs. That makes a case for limited action with 12 of Argentina’s last 15 WCQ home matches producing two or fewer goals, as have the last five H2Hs against fierce rivals Brazil.
- The last team to actually beat Argentina (July 2019), Brazil became the first CONMEBOL team to qualify for the finals (W11, D1), still with six games to go! They now subsequently have the chance of becoming the first South American nation to complete an 18-game WCQ cycle with an unbeaten record. The ‘Seleção’ can also top the 43 points achieved by Argentina during the 2002 WCQ campaign, so expect a strong starting XI to take the field.
- The usual Brazilian attacking flavour is complemented by a sturdy defence these days, with the visitors landing nine clean sheets and conceding just four goals in this qualification campaign. With eight clean sheets in their last 12 WCQ away matches, the spectre of a low-scoring game is further reinforced.
- Players to watch: Ángel Di María scored Argentina’s winner in their latest WCQ match and also in the Copa América final against Brazil, who will expect their latest sensation, Raphinha, to be in the thick of the action again after assisting twice in Brazil’s last away WCQ win.
- Hot stat: Only one of the last eight H2Hs saw both teams score.