Huddersfield – Coventry Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Huddersfield 1-1 Coventry
Date: 11.12.2021 | Match at: 13:30 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 22 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.40 | Bookie: Unibet.
Huddersfield – Coventry Match Preview
- Since the start of November, only two Championship clubs have earned fewer points than Huddersfield (W1, D2, L3), as their hopes of playoff contention threaten to fade away. This period saw them drop seven points after scoring first (W1, D2, L1), which is an immediate concern, as the ‘Terriers’ look to overcome the widening deficit behind the top six.
- John Smith’s Stadium presents their best chance for a revival, despite a 2-1 loss to Middlesbrough in their last home game halting an impressive unbeaten five-game run (W4, D1). It is their resolute defence that could make the difference, as a joint-Championship high six home clean sheets indicates Huddersfield are a tough side to breach.
- Coventry start this round just outside the top six, and have a bit of catching up to do themselves after picking up just 11 points across their last ten league games (W2, D5, L3). With no goals for them before half-time across their last five Championship matches, the visitors remain poor starters, and only Cardiff have trailed in more league games at half-time before this round (HT: W5, D6, L10).
- The ‘Sky Blues’ are unbeaten across three road trips though (W1, D2), which has landed 50% of their away Championship points this campaign. However a worrying trend exists in the fact Coventry have often dropped points when visiting clubs that currently sit below them, picking up just eight points across seven applicable Championship away matches (W2, D2, L3).
- Players to watch: Huddersfield are yet to lose when Danny Ward has scored in the Championship (W2, D1) with the striker netting their last goal in each of his three goalscoring games. A similar impact player, Matt Godden, has scored Coventry’s opening goal in his last four Championship matches.
- Hot stat: Coventry have scored eight Championship goals (without reply) beyond the 80th minute this season.