AS Roma – Spezia Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
AS Roma 2-0 Spezia
Date: 13.12.2021 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ITALY: Serie A – Round 17 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.42 | Bookie: Unibet.
AS Roma – Spezia Match Preview
- Most Roma fans will likely agree that the club’s progression to the UEFA Europa Conference League (UECL) ‘Round of 16’ stage simply doesn’t mask their Serie A (SA) troubles. The ‘Giallorosso’ have won just three times across their last nine league games (D1, L5), losing their last two as their status of top-four ‘contenders’ begins to be downgraded to ‘challengers’. In fact, in the three-points-for-a-win era, the capital club have never lost seven matches at this stage of a top-flight campaign whilst boss José Mourinho is on the brink of losing three consecutive league matches for only the third time in his career.
- While their recent four-match home league form (W1, D1, L2) is equally worrisome, the hosts have won all four SA home games against teams starting this matchday outside the top ten, offering a much-needed confidence boost ahead of this clash.
- That isn’t good news for visitors Spezia who remain on the precipice of an impending relegation dogfight, although they halted a three-game losing run in the league with a 2-2 draw last time out. The unwanted habit of dropping points continues to haunt the ‘Little Eagles’ though, who have now dropped a joint-league high 15 points after taking a lead at any point, a figure in sharp contrast to what they’ve won (three points) after conceding the lead.
- Matches on the road seem even more difficult for Spezia, who remain one of SA’s worst travelling sides after losing five consecutive away games. Roma could receive an early Christmas present here then, especially as the visitors have conceded 3.13 goals on average per away outing this term!
- Players to watch: Netting a midweek winning brace in the UECL, Tammy Abraham has scored Roma’s only goal of the match in his two SA home scoring appearances. Meanwhile, Spezia’s Daniele Verde (a former Roma youth product) scored against Roma in both league meetings last season.
- Hot stat: Spezia have been losing at both half-time and full-time in six of their last seven SA away games.