Sheffield Utd – Middlesbrough Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Sheffield Utd – Middlesbrough
Date: 01.01.2022 | Match at: 13:30 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 26 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet.
Sheffield Utd – Middlesbrough Match Preview
- The first Championship action of 2022 sees two in-form sides clash as Sheffield United host Middlesbrough in the early kick-off. Both teams have picked up 13 of the last 15 available points but the ‘Blades’ played just twice during December, prompting new manager Paul Heckingbottom to call on his squad to not show any complacency in spite of their stop-start schedule.
- While Sheffield United have played fewer games than most sides, they’re amongst the worst-performing Championship home outfits this season (W4, D2, L4). Encouragingly though, the hosts ended a three-game winless run with a second straight home clean sheet last time out here (W1, D1, L2) and they now seek a third consecutive home shutout in one season for the first time since 2018/19!
- The honeymoon period just doesn’t seem to end for Chris Wilder and Middlesbrough, who are now unbeaten in six straight games under his tutelage (W5, D1). The Sheffield-born manager enjoyed great success as the Blades boss between 2016-21, but will hope to cut them open with his promotion-chasing Boro here, which would represent a seventh straight league win for Wilder in league outings vs former clubs.
- Often quick to start, Middlesbrough have scored first in five of their last six away league games, which may also be crucial to any success in this clash after the visitors conceded first and had a man sent off in their last two visits to Bramall Lane, which both ended in defeat. As one of the worst-disciplined Championship sides with 57 yellow and two red cards, Middlesbrough must also be wary of any mistimed tackles again here.
- Players to watch: Oliver Norwood assisted last time out and in Sheffield United’s last home H2H victory; he’s also been booked in five of his last nine appearances! Meanwhile, Middlesbrough’s Andraž Šporar has now scored in three consecutive games, his best such run since December 2019.
- Hot stat: Middlesbrough are unbeaten in each of their last eight league games to begin a calendar year (W4, D4).