Bordeaux – Marseille Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Bordeaux 0-1 Marseille
Date: 07.01.2022 | Match at: 21:00 | League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 20 | Tip: Away Win | Odds: 1.55 | Bookie: Unibet.
Bordeaux – Marseille Match Preview
- Bordeaux went into the winter break just one point above Ligue 1’s relegation playoff spot, and now a huge absentee list due to Covid-19 has left them vulnerable to dropping points yet again. Holding onto a lead has been their most obvious problem to date, as the ‘Girondins’ boast the division’s worst average point return (0.88) after scoring first this season (W1, D4, L3).
- There isn’t much comfort to be had at home either, as the hosts have claimed only 41% of their Ligue 1 points here this season (W1, D4, L5), where they are still looking for their first home league clean sheet in 2021/22. Yet, H2H history is with them in that regard, as Bordeaux have not conceded in the previous three Ligue 1 H2Hs held here, as part of an incredible unbeaten home league record against Marseille dating back to 1977 (W21, D15).
- If it’s goals you’re after, then perhaps watching Marseille isn’t for you. But if you appreciate a defensive masterclass, then Marseille’s men could be the team to watch. The nine-time Ligue 1 champions sit third ahead of the round thanks to a defence that’s not conceded in a league-best 50% of their games in 2021/22, contributing to a league-low average of 2.28 match goals per fixture.
- Marseille’s impressive away league form (W5, D2, L1) could be key to breaking their 44-year duck at Bordeaux, as they’ve won their last three away games in Ligue 1 without conceding a single goal. Although they’ve not registered four away clean sheets in a row since April 2013.
- Players to watch: Red-hot Alberth Elis has scored all seven of his Ligue 1 goals in 2021/22 across Bordeaux’s previous nine league outings – four as his team’s first scorer. Meanwhile, Dimitri Payet has been involved in 54% of Marseille’s league goals this season (G7, A7).
- Hot stat: Fourteen of the last 15 Ligue 1 H2Hs have seen the away side on the day fail to score before half-time.