Brest – Nice Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Brest 0-3 Nice
Date: 09.01.2022 | Match at: 13:00 | League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 20 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Brest – Nice Match Preview
- The first Sunday of Ligue 1 action in 2022 gets underway with a clash between mid-table outfit Stade Brestois and Champions League qualification hopefuls Nice. The hosts went into the winter break in fine form, with only champions-elect PSG picking up more points across the last ten rounds than their haul of 21 (W6, D3, L1). That impressive run has all but extinguished any lingering relegation worries and they can now target a top-half finish.
- Key to the revival of Brest has been their home form where they’re unbeaten in four of their last five league games (W3, D1, L1), with that run alone accounting for ten of their 12-point haul on home soil. That run could be about to get even better too if history is anything to go by, as Brest have kept clean sheets in five of the seven home H2Hs this century (W3, D2, L2).
- The winter break perhaps came at an inopportune time for distant title hopefuls Nice, who had followed up a run of three winless games with three competitive victories ahead of the new year. While they could end this round still in second spot, a 13-point gap to table-toppers PSG means that the height of their expectations could be the runners-up spot.
- Disregarding their one point deduction, Nice have picked up 56% of their points on the road, a return which stands them in good stead to plunder another positive result here. In fact, Nice are unbeaten across their last five competitive trips (W4, D1), although the visitors should be wary of their favourites status in this match given that the pre-match favourite has won just 37% of Nice’s overall league games.
- Players to watch: Brest’s top Ligue 1 scorer Romaine Faivre (G7), and Nice’s top Ligue 1 scorer Amine Gouiri (G8), each assisted a goal in Nice’s 2-1 victory in the last H2H.
- Hot stat: Nice manager Christophe Galtier is unbeaten in 12 of his 14 touchline meetings with Michel Der Zakarian (W8, D4, L2).