Guinea – Malawi Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Guinea 1-0 Malawi
Date: 10.01.2022 | Match at: 17:00 | League: AFRICA: Africa Cup of Nations – Round 1 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.53 | Bookie: Unibet.
Guinea – Malawi Match Preview
- With Guinea sharing a tough group with 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) runners-up Senegal, getting off the mark with a win vs Malawi could ease any nerves. They’ve done just that in three of the previous five competitive H2Hs (D1, L1), after scoring before half-time on four occasions, something Guinea also managed in two of their three group stage fixtures during the 2019 tournament (W1, D1, L1).
- While they couldn’t progress past the Round of 16 in 2019, Guinea did finish as runners up in 1976, and will be targeting a strong performance this time around in preparation for hosting this tournament for the first time ever in 2025. Ending a seven-game winless competitive run coming into this clash would be a good start (D4, L3), especially as they conceded 1.86 goals on average per fixture during that time.
- This is only Malawi’s second AFCON finals, and having finished bottom of their group in both previous appearances, there will be hope they can pull off a better performance this time around. It’s possible, as the four best third-placed group stage teams will progress to the next round, and with three of those sides in 2019 picking up just three points, a strong win for Malawi here could potentially secure progression by the end of matchday one!
- Form is not on their side however, with five defeats from six World Cup Qualification games coming into this clash. With four of those games seeing the ‘Flames’ concede before half-time, they’ll have to be careful not to let Guinea take an early H2H advantage yet again.
- Players to watch: Guinea’s Mohamed Bayo could be the early pacesetter as six of his nine goals in France’s Ligue 1 this season have opened the scoring. Gabadinho Mhango is likely to lead the line for Malawi after scoring four times in previous AFCON qualifying matches – three as his nation’s first scorer.
- Hot streak: Guinea have led at half-time in their last four AFCON victories.