Nigeria – Egypt Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Nigeria 0-0 Egypt
Date: 11.01.2022 | Match at: 17:00 | League: AFRICA: Africa Cup of Nations – Round 1 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.64 | Bookie: Unibet.
Nigeria – Egypt Match Preview
- Group D in the latest edition of the African Cup of Nations (AFCON) is set to open with a bang as two of the continent’s elite clash with Nigeria taking on Egypt. Making their 19th AFCON appearance, Nigeria will be looking to go one-step further than they regularly do, given they’ve reached the semi-finals of this tournament on 14 occasions, on their way to securing three continental titles.
- Entering the tournament undefeated and topping their qualifying group (W4, D2), the ‘Super Eagles’ are the pick of many to take the crown, especially after topping their recent World Cup Qualification group after winning four of their six matches (D1, L1). New manager Augustine Eguavoen will be hoping to take the 2019 bronze medalists to the next level, his first assignment being to secure Nigeria’s second win vs Egypt in seven attempts (D2, L3).
- The Egyptians enter this tournament having navigated both their AFCON qualification group (W3, D3) and their World Cup Qualification group (W4, D2) undefeated while securing pole position on both occasions. In truth, Egypt have historically dominated the African continent with their record tally seven AFCON titles, however, falling short in the semi finals and the third-place playoff of the recent FIFA Arab Cup will have left a sour taste in the mouth of the ‘Pharaohs’.
- A cagey affair is predicted then, given that six of the last eight H2H meetings have concluded with less than 2.5 goals scored. No matter the goals notched in this clash, a close scoreline is predicted nonetheless as nine of the last ten fixtures were decided by a one-goal margin or drawn.
- Players to watch: Nigeria’s Kelechi Iheanacho enjoys striking late as six of his last seven goals have come after half-time, while Mohamed Salah could be key to Egypt’s success, having racked up six goal contributions across his last nine AFCON matches (G4, A2).
- Hot stat: There’s been at least one first-half goal in 15 of Nigeria’s last 19 fixtures.