Peterborough – Luton Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Peterborough 1-1 Luton
Date: 05.04.2022 | Match at: 19:45 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 30 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.34 | Bookie: Unibet.
Peterborough – Luton Preview
- Peterborough boss Grant McCann said he “didn’t recognise his side” after their second-half capitulation against Middlesbrough capped off a 4-0 drubbing on home turf. One thing that is easy to recognise though is the reality that it’s becoming increasingly difficult for the Championship’s basement side to stay up, with eight points separating ‘Posh’ from safety with just seven games left to play.
- The visit of high-flying Luton perhaps isn’t ideal then as Peterborough have won just two of their last 17 league H2Hs against the ‘Hatters’ (D6, L9), although they did win 3-1 in their last home league meeting. However, Peterborough come into this game without a win in their last eight Championship home matches (D2, L6) having failed to score in five of those, so it’s hard to see that previous H2H win holding any significance.
- Luton know victory would see them climb into third place – a remarkable achievement for a side with one of the Championship’s lowest budgets – and another win here would mark Luton’s third successive away win in English football’s second tier for the first time since November 1994! Although they’ve lost on their last three competitive visits to the Weston Homes Stadium, form remains on their side.
- Whilst ‘Hatters’ boss Nathan Jones has previously deflected pressure off his squad and onto their promotion rivals, there is now an element of pressure on his side to keep the momentum going with just seven games to play and his side holding a play-off spot. So expect Luton to go at it hammer and tongs here as they search for all three points, even if that puts them at risk of losing, and with no draws across Luton’s last nine Championship away games (W6, L3), it could certainly be a case of all or nothing.
- Players to watch: Peterborough’s Jack Marriott has re-found his scoring touch of late and both teams have scored in his last 14 goalscoring appearances. Meanwhile, Harry Cornick has been in the thick of the action across Luton’s last four away league games with two yellow cards, two goals and one assist!
- Hot stat: McCann managed sides have failed to score in three of their last four meetings with Luton (W1, L3).
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Peterborough 1-1 Luton Predictions and Betting Tips 05.04.2022"