Huddersfield – Barnsley Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Huddersfield 2-1 Barnsley
Date: 22.04.2022 | Match at: 19:45 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 44 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.31 | Bookie: Unibet.
Huddersfield – Barnsley Preview
- There could be contrasting emotions across Yorkshire by the end of this clash under the lights of the John Smith’s Stadium. Now unbeaten in four games (W3, D1) and expectant of a win here, Huddersfield Town more than proved their mettle on Easter Monday, beating fellow playoff aspirants Middlesbrough 2-0 away to go within one more win of sealing a top-six berth – just one year after finishing in a dismal 20th place.
- With such a straightforward objective, Huddersfield will be naturally eager to get off to the strongest possible start. That’s something they’ve got better at in recent games after netting the opener in their last three home matches against teams currently outside the top two (W2, D1), and might have a psychological edge after also knocking Barnsley out of this season’s FA Cup.
- At the opposite end of the table, bottom club Barnsley know they realistically have nothing but time left in the Championship. Poya Asbaghi’s men were granted a stay of execution by Reading’s failure to beat Swansea on Monday, at the same time a 2-0 loss against Peterborough made it five without victory for the traumatised ‘Tykes’ (D2, L3).
- Barnsley now need a perfect run to sustain any chance of survival, despite taking just one point from the previous 12 available on hostile turf. In turn, some visiting fans making the journey across Yorkshire may look to their side’s unbeaten run in league H2Hs (W3, D1) for any inspiration. Though an away win here may do little for their survival bid, another victory would at least be historic, seeing Barnsley complete successive H2H away wins for the first time in the nearly 112-year history of this fixture!
- Players to watch: Lewis O’Brien and Carlton Morris exchanged goals for Huddersfield and Barnsley respectively in the reverse fixture. Morris has seen his last three strikes act as match openers before half-time, while the same dual trait applies to two of O’Brien’s three goals this term.
- Hot stat: Huddersfield have scored more Championship home goals inside the first 15 minutes (seven) than any other side.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Huddersfield 2-1 Barnsley Predictions and Betting Tips 22.04.2022"