Switzerland – Spain Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Switzerland 0-1 Spain
Date: 09.06.2022 | Match at: 19:45 | League: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE A – ROUND 3 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.35 | Bookie: Unibet.
Switzerland – Spain Match Preview
- It’s been a year to forget for Switzerland after Sunday’s 4-0 UEFA Nations League (UNL) defeat to Portugal made it four games in 2022 without a victory (D1, L3). Looking like early relegation favourites, they now find themselves rooted at the bottom of Group A2 and with just one win to their name across their last ten UNL outings (D3, L6).
- Starting slow has been a theme within their fixtures so far this month, with Switzerland conceding first and before the 16th minute in both UNL matches. There should be legitimate fears the same could happen again, especially as Spain broke the deadlock during this period in the last H2H clash, and that eventual defeat on penalties was part of a four-game winless run against their opponents (D2, L2).
- By their standards, it’s been a slow start to the month for Spain. They came into June off the back of four straight wins following their loss to France in last year’s UNL final, but have now drawn both opening UNL fixtures in this edition. Iñigo Martínez’s stoppage-time equaliser spared his side’s blushes against the Czech Republic (2-2), leading Spain boss Luis Enrique to admit his side “were never comfortable” and “have to improve on many things”.
- Though Enrique was left unimpressed by Sunday’s display, the consistency of his team’s attack should be a big positive. Spain have now scored in 16 straight matches, while five of their last seven efforts away from home arrived inside the opening 45 minutes of the match.
- Players to watch: Following his winter window switch, Xherdan Shaqiri enjoyed a great first six months in the MLS with Chicago Fire, directly contributing to ten league goals (G3, A7). He also scored Switzerland’s last H2H goal. Spain’s Gavi will come into this on a high as well, after making history on Sunday when he became the country’s youngest-ever goalscorer at the age of 17 years and 304 days.
- Hot stat: Since the competition was introduced, Spain are still yet to secure their first away UNL clean sheet (seven matches).
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Switzerland 0-1 Spain Predictions and Betting Tips 09.06.2022"