Azerbaijan – Belarus Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Azerbaijan 2-0 Belarus
Date: 13.06.2022 | Match at: 17:00 | League: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE C – ROUND 4 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.55 | Bookie: Unibet.
Azerbaijan – Belarus Match Preview
- Azerbaijan face Belarus in a UEFA Nations League (UNL) fixture that already appears crucial in their quest to avoid potential demotion to League D, with both sides finding themselves cut adrift in Group C3. Azerbaijan wouldn’t fancy a relegation play-out as it stands, with a 1-0 defeat to Slovakia last time out marking seven consecutive winless UNL games in which they have also failed to score in (D4, L3)!
- Despite also being winless in 15 consecutive international home games (D5, L10), at least Azerbaijan can lean on a defence which has kept four clean sheets in the last six UNL contests (D4, L2). It’s a lack of prolificacy that’s therefore to blame in this competition, a point backed up by Azerbaijan’s failure to win in the UNL after conceding first (D2, L4). Although if you’re looking for an omen, Azerbaijan’s last victory was a comeback win over Belarus back in June 2021 (2-1)!
- Expectations of a low-scoring encounter are therefore pretty high and it was a tepid affair when these sides met in the reverse fixture just days ago, with both averaging lower than one xG in a 0-0 stalemate. In fact, Belarus’ 1-1 draw to Kazakhstan last time out marked their first UNL goal this campaign (D2, L1), and the only time in their last six international outings that both teams have scored.
- Adding further reinforcement to the importance of striking first here is Belarus’ own torrid record of having not come back to win an away game since beating North Macedonia 2-1 in 2015! However, they have only lost one of their six UNL away trips and have kept three clean sheets in the process, so this could be a story of two defences looking to cancel each other out.
- Players to watch: Azerbaijan midfielder Emin Mahmudov has scored five of his side’s last six international goals, although none came in a victory, whilst centre-forward Andrey Solovey has scored in Belarus’ last two victories.
- Hot stat: Azerbaijan have conceded at least one 75th min+ goal in seven consecutive home internationals.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Azerbaijan 2-0 Belarus Predictions and Betting Tips 13.06.2022"