Empoli – Spezia Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Empoli 2-2 Spezia
Date: 11.02.2023 | Match at: 15:00 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 22 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.31 | Bookie: Unibet.
Empoli – Spezia Predictions and Preview
- Empoli missed a chance to go unbeaten in seven consecutive Serie A (SA) games for the first time since 2015 after a 2-0 loss to Roma on Saturday. Manager Paolo Zanetti felt they “weren’t good enough to win” after conceding twice within the first ten minutes, although the Tuscans are still well-placed for their first SA top-half finish since 2006/07, and could even provisionally move into the top eight with a win here.
- Returning to Carlo Castellani may work like a charm for Empoli, who have collected points in each of their last four home games (W3, D1). Their home record is just as good against SA teams that are currently below them in the points table (W3, D2), which may ignite hopes of a first H2H win since April 2014 (D5, L2 across all competitions).
- Spezia will begin this round four points above the relegation zone and three consecutive losses ‘to nil’ have raised concerns over extending their three-season top-flight stay further, although they are statistically guaranteed to stay above the drop zone for another round irrespective of this result. Manager Luca Gotti missed the 3-0 loss to Napoli on Sunday when recovering from a hip operation, and will be urging his side to find the net after just one strike across five league games.
- There’s a ray of hope on that front, as Spezia have scored in two of their last three away SA matches, winning each time (L1). Replicating those efforts may need their squad to redouble their efforts, as they are likely to be without M’Bala Nzola, who has registered their last three away league goals following the lone goal in the reverse fixture.
- Players to watch: Empoli have picked up eight points via Tommaso Baldanzi’s four league goals this campaign, each serving as the match opener. Emmanuel Gyasi missed Spezia’s last match due to yellow card accumulation and could once again test the referee having picked up two in his last two league H2Hs.
- Hot stat: After last weekend, no SA side had conceded more goals than Empoli (eight) beyond the 80th minute, whilst Spezia were yet to score during that period.