Coventry – Millwall Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Coventry 1-0 Millwall
Date: 14.02.2023 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 32 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.37 | Bookie: Unibet.
Coventry – Millwall Predictions and Preview
- Despite conceding within forty seconds of kick-off, Coventry City fought back to secure a 1-1 Championship draw against Luton Town last time out, a result which Sky Blues manager Mark Robins described as “nothing short of what we deserved’’. But with only one win in their last eight league outings (D3, L4), Robins will know another valiant performance will likely be required as promotion-chasing Millwall come to town.
- Even after that dire run of form, Coventry still sit a comfortable ten points from the relegation zone ahead of the round, though their season is in danger of tailing off with the gap to the play-off spots widening by the matchday. The key to a potentially season-boosting win could be a return of the defensive resilience that has seen them secure the joint-most clean sheets in the league (13) so far this campaign, particularly as they’ve conceded the first goal within 15 minutes in three of their last four Championship fixtures.
- They’ll do well to keep Millwall out however, particularly as Coventry have failed to keep a home H2H shutout since 2005 (W4, L3). This is a contest which tends to go one way or the other then, and the visitors will hope they fall on the right side of those margins here given they arrive on the back of some strong form having won successive league away games for the first time this season, including a 2-1 victory over QPR at the weekend which saw Millwall force their way into the play-off places ahead of the round.
- Their Achilles’ heel on their travels this season has been a lack of ruthlessness, with only seven Championship sides managing fewer than their 15 away goals. Considering eight of Millwall’s nine Championship defeats saw them fail to find the net, Coventry may place extra emphasis on a tip-top defensive display here as Millwall look to avoid just a second league defeat of 2023 (W3, D1).
- Players to watch: Kasey Palmer has been Coventry’s danger man recently, with the midfielder securing four goal contributions from his last four outings at the CBS Arena. Millwall may look to centre back Jake Cooper for some goalmouth inspiration, with the all-action defender grabbing two goal contributions (G1, A1) and two yellow cards from his last three outings, also netting when Millwall won 3-2 in August’s reverse fixture!
- Hot stat: No Championship side has conceded more away goals in the 15 minutes following half-time than Millwall’s five.