Lorient – Auxerre Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Lorient 0-1 Auxerre
Date: 26.02.2023 | Match at: 13:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 25 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.34 | Bookie: Unibet.
Lorient – Auxerre Predictions and Preview
- A winless start to February in Ligue 1 (D1, L2) threatened Lorient’s outsider push for a European spot, but a comprehensive 3-0 win over relegation-threatened Ajaccio last time out has helped steady the ship. Régis Le Bris’ men still have a job on their hands if a top-five finish is the goal, as they trail the European places by four points prior to the weekend.
- A return to the Stade du Moustoir should boost the Merlucciidaes’ confidence of closing the gap to those above them, having put together a four-game undefeated streak at home in Ligue 1 (W2, D2). Their performances have been backed by consecutive clean sheets in the last two matches in that streak, setting up a chance of securing three home league shutouts for the first time since December 2013.
- Visitors Auxerre seemed largely down and out just a few weeks ago, but an impressive run of three league matches without defeat (W1, D2) culminating in a gutsy come-from-behind 2-1 win over Lyon in the last round, has given them hope. AJA still have plenty of work to do though, as they occupy the relegation zone with two points separating them and safety before the round begins.
- Manager Christophe Pélissier needs to get Auxerre to show more on the road if they’re to build a realistic case for survival as they own Ligue 1’s joint-worst record as an away side this season, while their current ten-game winless streak on their travels (D2, L8) is the longest such run in France’s top-flight. They’ll consider facing Lorient as a prime opportunity to correct this trend here, having suffered only two defeats in the last 17 Ligue 1 H2Hs (W7, D8)!
- Players to watch: Lorient’s Ibrahima Koné should never be ruled out at any point of a game, scoring seven of his last ten goals after half-time. Auxerre’s Gaëtan Perrin prefers to get his team off to a fast start, scoring his side’s opener in each of his last six goalscoring outings.
- Hot stat: Only Ajaccio (20) have conceded the first goal more often this Ligue 1 season than Auxerre (19).