Lazio – Sampdoria Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Lazio 1-0 Sampdoria
Date: 27.02.2023 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 24 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.46 | Bookie: Unibet.
Lazio – Sampdoria Predictions and Preview
- The race to be crowned best of the rest in Serie A (SA) continues to intensify, but Lazio have slightly fallen off the pace in recent weeks after winning just two of their last five league games (D2, L1). Boss Maurizio Sarri will likely be glad for the extra day’s rest after their European trip to Romania saw them progress in the UEFA Europa Conference League, with the Italian praising his side for ‘avoiding difficulties’ on a low-quality pitch.
- Attention now returns to securing Champions League qualification for just the third time since 2007/08, and Sampdoria may be the perfect opponents to face in pursuit of that, as Lazio are unbeaten in home H2Hs since January 2005 (W13, D3)! The six most recent meetings at the Stadio Olimpico have seen the Eagles fire in 21 goals, and they’ll hope that firepower can help them avoid consecutive SA defeats on their own turf for the first time since December 2020, after losing to Atalanta here in their last home assignment.
- Sampdoria are likely to be more comfortable on their travels, as they’ve collected eight of their 11 SA points this term away from home. Dejan Stanković’s men are winless since their first game of the restart though (D2, L5), leaving them eight points adrift of safety – a gap that could increase by kick-off in the capital.
- La Samp’s main issue continues to be scoring goals, with the 11 they’ve managed so far this season not just the fewest in SA, but it’s less than any other side in Europe’s top five leagues. Their struggles leave them with comfortably their lowest points total since three points were awarded for a win (11), and staring down the barrel of a first relegation since 2011.
- Players to watch: Back amongst the goals against Salernitana last week, Lazio marksman Ciro Immobile will be licking his lips at the sight of Sampdoria, as he’s netted a career best 16 goals against them (W12, D5, L2). Compatriot Manolo Gabbiadini has netted four times against Lazio down the years, but he’s only lost more H2Hs against Juventus than the Eagles (JUV 12, LAZ 9).
- Hot stat: Lazio are the fastest starters in SA, netting nine times without reply in the opening 15 minutes of games – no side have scored more or conceded fewer in this time period.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Lazio 1-0 Sampdoria Predictions and Betting Tips 27.02.2023"