Blackburn – Sheffield Utd Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Blackburn 1-0 Sheffield Utd
Date: 04.03.2023 | Match at: 13:00 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 35 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.30 | Bookie: Unibet.
Blackburn – Sheffield Utd Predictions and Preview
- A topsy-turvy season has recently taken another turn for the better for Blackburn Rovers, after an impressive 2-1 win over Leicester City in midweek not only extended their stay in this season’s FA Cup, but also extended their unbeaten streak across all competitions to ten matches (W5, D5). Their fine form has also improved their chances of reaching the promotion playoffs, with three Championship wins on the bounce catapulting them into fourth place heading into this round.
- Prior to those wins, Jon Dahl Tomasson’s men played out four successive draws, with that seven-game unbeaten streak in the league being their longest since a run of ten ending in January 2022. Ewood Park has seen their side perform at both ends during this run, with Blackburn going unbeaten in their last five home matches (W3, D2), while keeping four clean sheets in the process.
- That bodes well for their welcoming of Sheffield United, who have won only twice from their last 16 league visits to Ewood Park (D4, L10), although winning each of their last two home H2Hs should offer at least a little inspiration. Manager Paul Heckingbottom may refer to more recent events to boost his side’s confidence though, after causing a ‘cupset’ when beating Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 in midweek FA Cup action, which set up a pivotal quarter-final tie with none other than Blackburn!
- In the Championship, the Blades can thank the ability of their front third to slice through defences for their fine league season thus far, with only league-leaders Burnley (33) scoring in more Championship games this campaign than Sheffield United (28) after the end of last round. Their last three away performances have let them down though (D2, L1), which won’t offer encouragement considering their long-term history away to Blackburn.
- Players to watch: Blackburn’s Sam Gallagher broke his goal-scoring drought with a double against QPR last Championship round, contributing to him registering the match opener in nine of his last 13 goalscoring outings. Meanwhile, after ending an eight-game scoring drought with the winner against Spurs, Sheffield will hope Iliman Ndiaye can continue being their good luck charm as he’s now won 14 of the 16 matches he’s gotten on the scoresheet (D1, L1).
- Hot stat: Blackburn have conceded a league-low ten goals in the first half this Championship season.