Troyes – Monaco Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Troyes 2-2 Monaco
Date: 05.03.2023 | Match at: 13:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 26 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.61 | Bookie: Unibet.
Troyes – Monaco Predictions and Preview
- A fifth consecutive loss in Ligue 1 against fellow relegation contenders Ajaccio last weekend (2-1) piled the pressure on coach Patrick Kisnorbo’s shoulders, with Troyes two points from safety ahead of this round. Dipping from an average of one point per league game in 2022/23 to 0.5 (W1, D2, L7) under the guidance of Kisnorbo suggests his appointment hasn’t had the desired effect.
- The first Aussie to manage a team in one of Europe’s “Big Five” leagues will be determined to continue in his role, and he could at least be remembered as the first coach to guide ESTAC to a league double over Monaco, after an emphatic 4-2 win at the Stade Louis II in August. Whether he succeeds or not, this game will go down in Ligue 1 history as the first ever to be officiated by an all-female trio!
- Perhaps dazed after being knocked out of the UEFA Europa League by Bayer Leverkusen (3-2), Monaco were then comfortably beaten 3-0 in the Derby de la Côte d’Azur against Nice on Sunday – their first league scoring blank since March 2022. Naturally frustrated, coach Philippe Clement spoke frankly afterwards, stating that he took “a tactical lesson” from Nice’s 36-year-old coach Didier Digard.
- He shouldn’t panic however, as his side start this round only two points behind the league’s top-two, and an away game presents a real opportunity for the Monegasque to put some distance between themselves and fourth-placed Lens, who they lead by virtue of goal difference ahead of the round. The visitors sit second in the ten-game away form standings (W7, D2, L1), and with no Ligue 1 team scoring more than their 21 goals during that period, they might produce another ruthless travelling performance here.
- Players to watch: Troyes’ Rony Lopes will be one to watch as he has been directly involved in four of his team’s last six home goals (G3, A1), although he never scored against his former teammates in five meetings. Monaco might look to Wissam Ben Yedder for a quick start as no Ligue 1 player has scored more than his ten goals before the break so far.
- Hot stat: Troyes have dropped more points after the 75th minute than any other Ligue 1 side this season (nine).