Huddersfield – Bristol City Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Huddersfield 0-0 Bristol City
Date: 07.03.2023 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 29 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet.
Huddersfield – Bristol City Predictions and Preview
- Bottom of the table Huddersfield are approaching ‘now or never’ territory in their relegation battle after back-to-back 4-0 hammerings at the hands of Burnley and Coventry left them seven points from safety. The Terriers, who haven’t played in English football’s third tier for more than a decade, have now won just one of their last ten league outings (D3, L6), failing to keep a single clean sheet along the way.
- Manager Neil Warnock believes “48 points” might be sufficient for his side to stay up, though that still gives them an enormous mountain to climb given they have accumulated just 31 from their previous 34 outings. If they are going to beat the drop, it appears the bulk of their wins will have to be gained at home, where Huddersfield have picked up more than two-thirds of their points thanks to six victories from 17 matches (D3, L8).
- Huddersfield might be confident of further improving that record against visitors Bristol City, who have won only two of their last nine trips to this particular corner of Yorkshire (D1, L6). The Robins are also making the trip north on the back of a confidence-sapping 2-0 derby defeat to Cardiff which means that, following a 3-0 FA Cup exit at the hands of Manchester City, they recorded back-to-back competitive losses for the first time in 2023.
- Nigel Pearson’s side had previously pulled well clear of the bottom three themselves thanks to an undefeated run that stretched back nine Championship outings (W4, D5). However, goals are a problem for the Ashton Gate outfit, who have netted more than twice in just three of their last 17 league fixtures. They were also recently dealt a defensive blow, with Pearson describing the Cardiff defeat as “costly” after midfielder Joe Williams and centre-back Tomáš Kalas picked up injuries.
- Key battle: Huddersfield captain Jonathan Hogg has lost eight of his 13 previous clashes with Bristol City (W4, D1), which may give him further drive to thwart ex-Terriers striker Nahki Wells. He’s the Robins’ top scorer with 11 goals this season, but has netted just once in seven league meetings with his former employers (W3, D2, L2).
- Hot streak: The last 14 H2H meetings all produced a winner, ten of which were won by the home side of the day.