Bayer Leverkusen – Ferencvaros Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Bayer Leverkusen 2-0 Ferencvaros
Date: 09.03.2023 | Match at: 18:45 | League: EUROPA LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – 1/8-FINALS | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Bayer Leverkusen – Ferencvaros Predictions and Preview
- Manager Xabi Alonso believes Bayer Leverkusen are finally heading in the right direction again after putting in “a complete performance” at the weekend. An indifferent Die Werkself that sit ninth in the Bundesliga picked up just their third win in eight games (D1, L4) as they hammered Hertha Berlin 4-1, setting them up nicely for this UEFA Europa League (UEL) round-of-16 clash against Ferencváros, a side they beat 2-1 here in last season’s UEL.
- The German outfit are hoping a deep run in UEFA’s second tier competition can make amends for a disappointing Champions League campaign, in which they finished third in their group. Leverkusen have already come through a qualification play-off against Monaco, whom they beat on penalties after the tie finished 5-5 on aggregate, and are now attempting to bypass their Hungarian counterparts to reach the last eight of a European tournament for just the second time since 2007/08.
- Standing in their way are a Ferencváros side who are entering uncharted territory after qualifying from the group stage of a UEFA competition for the first time. Leverkusen are a familiar foe though, with the two teams picking up a win apiece when they met in the 2021/22 UEL group stages. Visiting goalkeeper Dibusz Dénes played in both of those games and insists their experience from those clashes means the Hungarians “can be effective” this time around.
- The Green Eagles’ poor recent away record in this competition threatens to challenge that effectiveness, with six defeats from their last seven UEL fixtures on the road starting with that aforementioned 2-1 defeat at the BayArena back in September 2021. Stanislav Cherchesov’s side would like to think they’re a different animal now though and considering they sit comfortably at the top of their domestic league, while going unbeaten in 11 games in all competitions (W6, D5) since losing to Trabzonspor in their final UEL group game, they can perhaps place added focus on their European endeavours.
- Players to watch: Moussa Diaby is Leverkusen’s top marksman this season, with six of his nine goalscoring appearances seeing him net the first or last of the game. He’ll likely be vying with Adama Traoré for the limelight, who has won ten of his 13 goalscoring appearances since moving to Ferencváros (D2, L1), including four victories out of five in European football (L1).
- Hot stat: There’s been at least three goals scored in 12 of Leverkusen’s last 16 UEL games.