Burnley – Sunderland Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Burnley 0-0 Sunderland
Date: 31.03.2023 | Match at: 20:00 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 39 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.39 | Bookie: Unibet.
Burnley – Sunderland Predictions and Preview
- The Premier League is inching ever closer for Burnley, who know victory in their next two league games will see them secure an instant return to the top flight. That final push starts with the visit of Sunderland to Turf Moor, and after a 4-2 win in the reverse back in October, Burnley are now looking to complete a league double over the Black Cats for the first time since 1972/73.
- Aside from promotion, there is still a wealth of records on the table for Burnley to equal or surpass, but the main one Vincent Kompany will be looking at is the points record. Currently on 83 points, Burnley need a return of 24 from the last 27 available to surpass Reading’s Championship record of 106, and considering the Clarets have won 12 of their last 13 home league games (D1), you’d expect them to move three points closer to that goal here.
- In the thick of the play-off race as recently as February, Sunderland’s collapse of late has all but ended their dreams of back-to-back promotions. They have suffered four defeats from their last six league games (W1, D1) and come into the round seven points adrift of sixth-place Millwall, though, boss Tony Mowbray will hope a more favourable run of fixtures to come after this clash can help them turn that form around.
- While Sunderland face the prospect of four successive games against sides starting this round in the bottom ten after their trip to Turf Moor, they shouldn’t be written off hastily here as Sunderland have only lost two of their last 11 away league games! Yet, they are without a travelling win this term against a side starting this round in the top six (D2, L3), reaffirming that this is set to be an uphill battle to stop a rampant Burnley.
- Players to watch: Returning after an injury lay-off, Manuel Benson scored Burnley’s equaliser in the reverse fixture and also netted a leveller in his last three home goalscoring outings. One goal away from his tenth of the season, Sunderland’s Amad Diallo has bagged the game’s final goal in his last four scoring appearances.
- Hot streak: Sunderland have scored in their last 19 league games, the longest active run in the Championship.