Luton – Watford Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Luton – Watford
Date: 01.04.2023 | Match at: 12:30 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 39 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.43 | Bookie: Unibet.
Luton – Watford Predictions and Preview
- Luton boss Rob Edwards has got extra incentive to win this weekend’s local derby, as he faces the club who sacked him for the first time. The 40-year old was axed as Watford manager in September, yet despite winning just three of his 11 games in charge (D5, L3), his dismissal felt premature as he left Vicarage Road after less than four months in the hot seat.
- Edwards was out of work for less than two months before he replaced Nathan Jones in the Hatters dugout, and he has since guided Luton into fourth place in the Championship. Indeed, fans are dreaming of a return to the top flight for the first time since 1991/92, with a six-game unbeaten run prior to the international break (W4, D2), including two 1-0 home wins in a row, seeing them close the gap to second placed Sheffield United to just six points.
- Recent history suggests extending that run will be difficult against their bitter rivals though, as Watford have won three of the last five meetings between the two teams (D1, L1), including a 4-0 victory in October. The Hornets will be hoping to rekindle that kind of form at Kenilworth Road, especially as they have fallen off the pace in the promotion race thanks to a run of just two wins from their last 11 outings (D6, L3).
- That lack of victories meant trigger-happy owner Gino Pozzi changed manager again, replacing Slaven Bilić with Chris Wilder earlier this month. The international break may therefore have come at the perfect time for the former Middlesbrough boss, who will hope that the extra time on the training field has allowed him to print his style on his new squad, as they attempt to end a run of five Championship away games without a win (D2, L3) and close a gap of five points to the top six.
- Key battle: Luton striker Carlton Morris has scored four match-winning goals in his last six outings, with each of those victories ending 1-0. He will be trying to out-score João Pedro who has seen seven of his last nine goals for Watford act as the first or last of the game (W5, D2, L2).
- Hot stat: There’s been more goals in the opening 15 minutes of Luton’s league games (21) than any other Championship side this season.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Luton – Watford Predictions and Betting Tips 01.04.2023"