Rotherham – West Brom Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Rotherham 3-1 West Brom
Date: 07.04.2023 | Match at: 13:00 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 40 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.40 | Bookie: Unibet.
Rotherham – West Brom Predictions and Preview
- Matt Taylor believes his Rotherham players have set the benchmark for the performance levels required if they’re going to secure Championship football for next season. The Millers had Domingos Quina sent off but still clung on to earn a 0-0 draw at Hull last weekend, leading the manager to praise an “incredible effort from the whole group.”
- That result still leaves the Yorkshire outfit – who are now winless in three league games (D1, L2) – just a couple of points clear of the relegation zone. However, it certainly gives Taylor something to build on defensively as his team kept their first clean sheet in eight outings. He will hope they can now transfer that solidity to the New York Stadium, where Rotherham have conceded at least two goals in six of their last ten games (W3, D2, L5).
- Home confidence may not be high for a positive result though considering visitors West Brom dished out a 3-0 hammering when these two teams met at the Hawthorns earlier this season, which means WBA have now lost just two of the previous 14 H2Hs (W9, D3). The Baggies have been slowed down as of late, though, and failed to break down a belligerent Millwall most recently in a 0-0 draw.
- That was a second straight stalemate for Carlos Corberán’s side, but they remain very much in the hunt for a play-off place as only five points separate them and sixth-placed Blackburn coming into the round. However away form does threaten to derail their promotion ambitions and they’ll be eager to improve on a record of one point from their last five fixtures on the road (D1, L4); which includes two defeats and a draw against teams in the bottom half of the table.
- Key battle: Rotherham’s Conor Washington will be hoping to improve his dreadful record against West Brom (L4), which includes a 7-1 thrashing in 2018, the heaviest defeat of his career. Trying to stop him will be Baggies defender Conor Townsend, who picked up one of his two career red cards against the Millers a decade ago and has managed just one victory in seven H2Hs (D2, L4).
- Hot stat: West Brom have scored fewer goals (five) in the final 15 minutes than any other Championship team this season.