Lyon – Rennes Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Lyon 3-1 Rennes
Date: 09.04.2023 | Match at: 12:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 30 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.36 | Bookie: Unibet.
Lyon – Rennes Predictions and Preview
- Lyon will need to quickly pick themselves up from the disappointment of their Coupe de France semi-final defeat at the hands of Nantes if they are to salvage anything from the 2022/23 season. The Kids, who haven’t lifted any silverware in over a decade, were beaten 1-0 in a game which had been labelled as their most important of the campaign so far, but they landed just one shot on target in a disappointing display.
- That means their last remaining hope of qualifying for Europe this season rests on their finishing position in Ligue 1, but Laurent Blanc’s side have a huge gap to close on the top five. They have been in great form in Ligue 1 at least after just one defeat in their last ten league outings (W5, D4), although their form at home is proving a barrier in climbing the table, thanks to picking up just one win in seven games since late October (D4, L2).
- There will be a familiar face hoping to extend that poor run at the Groupama Stadium this weekend, as Bruno Génésio returns to his old stomping ground. The Rennes boss spent a decade on the books as a player with Lyon before returning for a three-and-a-half-year stint as head coach in 2015, and he will be hoping to maintain his 100% record against his former employers, whom he has beaten in each of his three H2Hs as a manager.
- Another victory would further enhance the Red and Blacks’ prospects of qualifying for European football for the sixth season running. They are, however, looking to bounce back from the blow of a 1-0 defeat to Lens last time out, a result which knocked Rennes out of the top five and means they have failed to score in three of their last four outings (W1, D1, L2).
- Key battle: Lyon goalkeeper Anthony Lopes has kept five clean sheets in ten home league games against Rennes, but lost every game in which he has conceded against them (W4, D1, L5). He will be trying to thwart Rennes’ striker Arnaud Kalimuendo, who has finished on the winning side in nine of his last 11 goalscoring appearances (D1, L1).
- Hot stat: Lyon have only dropped two points in the seven home league games in which they have scored first this season (W6, D1).
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Lyon – Rennes Predictions and Betting Tips 09.04.2023"