Rotherham – Burnley Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Rotherham 2-2 Burnley
Date: 18.04.2023 | Match at: 19:45 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 43 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.32 | Bookie: Unibet.
Rotherham – Burnley Predictions and Preview
- Just three points clear of the Championship drop zone, albeit with a game in hand, Rotherham look set for a nervy ending to their campaign. Now anxiously looking over their shoulder and desperately needing points to move away from the dreaded dotted line, table-topping Burnley visit at an inopportune time as far as Rotherham are concerned given the Millers have lost the last four H2H meetings.
- Having gone down 2-0 to another promotion candidate in Luton at the weekend, one could be forgiven for expecting Rotherham to cave in here. That may not be the case, as that stood as their first home defeat of the season against a current top-six side (W1, D2). Additionally, they came tantalisingly close to winning the reverse fixture at Turf Moor, leading 2-1 in stoppage time only to lose 3-2!
- Already promoted to next season’s Premier League, Burnley’s lifeless 0-0 draw away at Rotherham’s fellow relegation contenders Reading at the weekend perhaps offered a sign of what’s to come now the Clarets have so little to play for. The title is all but wrapped up and can be secured here by simply bettering Sheffield United’s result against Bristol City, but after speaking about “rewarding” fringe members of the squad, it remains uncertain just how serious Vincent Kompany is in chasing a record-equalling Championship points tally.
- After Saturday’s draw, equalling Reading’s 106 point haul is the best Burnley can achieve this season, but having won just one of their last eight away league games against Rotherham (D3, L4), even that seems like a stretch. On a more hopeful note in pursuit of history, the Clarets have at least managed to remain unbeaten in all 11 of their Championship midweek games this season (W5, D6), though they’ll need to level that up here to keep pace with the Royals’ record.
- Players to watch: A scorer in the reverse fixture just one minute after being introduced off the bench, Rotherham’s Chiedozie Ogbene has seen seven of his eight goals this term arrive prior to the one-hour mark. Similarly, Burnley’s Anass Zaroury has seen his last five strikes come before the break, four of which have been decisive in victory.
- Hot stat: Burnley have lost nine of their last ten league matches away to teams with ‘United’ as their suffix (D1).
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Rotherham – Burnley Predictions and Betting Tips 18.04.2023"