QPR – Norwich Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
QPR 1-1 Norwich
Date: 19.04.2023 | Match at: 19:45 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 43 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.30 | Bookie: Unibet.
QPR – Norwich Predictions and Preview
- Queens Park Rangers slumped to a 3-0 Championship defeat against Coventry at the weekend which left them one point above the relegation zone, with manager Gareth Ainsworth admitting his side were “all at sea” as they conceded twice after the 85th minute. Remarkably, the same QPR side that sailed to the top of the table in October is now struggling to stay afloat in England’s second tier with four games remaining!
- Those waters are most choppy at home though, as that Coventry defeat was their third straight league loss ‘to nil’ at Loftus Road, despite Ainsworth claiming last month he wanted to make it into a fortress. As they welcome a Norwich City side they haven’t beaten anywhere in five H2Hs (D2, L3), the Hoops desperately need to stem the tide having won just once since Ainsworth’s appointment (D1, L7).
- As for Norwich, their play-off hopes took a severe battering on Friday night as they were thrashed 5-1 by Middlesbrough, and having won just one of their last seven games (D3, L3), they’re losing form at the worst possible time. Boss David Wagner insisted his side “made some horrendous mistakes” as he put his youthful side to the sword before a second away game in quick succession.
- If there’s a silver lining for the Canaries, then perhaps they can take heart from the fact that their humbling on Teesside was their first defeat in six league away matches (W2, D3) and they have actually won the last two H2Hs at this ground. As they’ve scored an average of 1.4 goals per game across their last five Championship road fixtures (W2, D2, L1), they can justifiably harbour ambitions of points here against a struggling QPR side to reignite their playoff push.
- Players to watch: QPR’s Lyndon Dykes netted against Norwich here last time they met in West London and each of his last four league goals came before the 35th minute. No player has scored more Championship goals in this H2H than Norwich’s Teemu Pukki (four) and similar to Dykes, eight of his ten Championship strikes this term arrived before the 25th minute.
- Hot stat: QPR have scored just three second-half Championship goals at home this term.