Bayer Leverkusen – Union Berlin Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Bayer Leverkusen 2-2 Union Berlin
Date: 08.01.2022 | Match at: 15:30 | League: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 18 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.41 | Bookie: Unibet.
Bayer Leverkusen – Union Berlin Match Preview
- Sat in a Champions League qualification spot as the Bundesliga returns from its winter break, the 2021/22 campaign is proving a successful one for Bayer Leverkusen, despite a current three-game winless Bundesliga run (D1, L2). It’s also been a rollercoaster of a ride as Leverkusen have netted 40 league goals during the first half of this campaign – their second-highest ever such tally – but have also conceded 28 times, which is their second-highest tally this century!
- What has caused problems is the club’s home form at the BayArena, where they welcome Union Berlin. Their record at home this Bundesliga campaign is frustratingly inconsistent (W4, D1, L3), and their results from game-to-game remain difficult to predict, especially as five of those matches averaged over 3.5 total goals yet returned mixed results (W2, D1, L2).
- Speaking of inconsistency, Union closed out 2021 with a W1, D1, L1 record across their final three Bundesliga matches, which included a shock 1-0 loss to bottom-club Greuther Fürth. December also saw the visitors knocked out of the inaugural Europa Conference League, though they sit just one point away from the Champions League qualification spots as German football resumes, so they might have even loftier European ambitions this time around.
- On the road, Union’s form is indifferent (W2, D3, L3), although their matches are usually tight affairs with only one result being settled by more than a one-goal margin. The visitors are also the lowest scorers in the Bundesliga’s top-ten ahead of this matchday (G23), which will likely be a concern.
- Players to watch: Leverkusen’s Patrik Schick set a new club record during the first half of the season by netting 16 Bundesliga goals, yet he hasn’t scored in any of his previous four top-flight H2Hs. Max Kruse netted Union’s winner versus Bochum last time out, meaning that his last four Bundesliga goal contributions (G2, A2) have all come away from home.
- Hot stat: Leverkusen have averaged 2.4 goals across the eight previous competitive H2Hs.