Getafe – Atletico Madrid Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Getafe 1-2 Atletico Madrid
Date: 21.09.2021 | Match at: 18:30 | League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 6 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.61 | Bookie: Unibet.
Getafe – Atletico Madrid Match Preview
- Getafe’s worst-ever start to a top-flight league season (L5) leaves them second from bottom as just the fourth side this century to open a La Liga (LL) campaign with five losses. However, only one of those teams (Málaga in 2017/18) eventually went down, highlighting that even such a poor start doesn’t necessarily condemn a side to relegation.
- With manager Míchel under pressure to get ‘Azulones’ off the mark, they could take confidence from taking points off Barcelona, Real Madrid and their visitors here in the last 12 months alone (W1, D2). However, even if they tend to overperform against Spain’s ‘big three’, ominously they’ve not beaten near-neighbours Atlético Madrid here since November 2011 (D3, L6).
- That might hearten ‘Los Rojiblancos’, who’ve stuttered a little after making a strong start to their title defence (W3, D2), failing to score in two consecutive competitive games for the first time since March. The re-signing of star striker Antoine Griezmann hasn’t yet produced the impact manager Diego Simeone would have hoped for as he’s now on a run of 17 LL attempts at goal for Atlético without finding the net!
- With him misfiring and João Félix suspended, another 0-0 stalemate like in the last round wouldn’t surprise, although that’s still unlikely as Atlético haven’t played out three consecutive competitive goalless draws this century, even if last season’s corresponding H2H did produce one! Nevertheless, having not conceded at this venue since a 3-2 defeat in November 2011 (W6, D3) their fans will expect nothing less than a return to winning ways here.
- Players to watch: Carles Aleñá has scored two of the last four LL goals Getafe have registered at home, while Luis Suárez netted Atlético’s opener against Villarreal late last month having also done so against Getafe in a 1-0 win last term.
- Hot stat: Getafe have conceded an average of three corners per LL game this season (Atlético: 2.8).