Coventry – Peterborough Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Coventry 3-0 Peterborough
Date: 24.09.2021 | Match at: 19:45 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 9 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.36 | Bookie: Unibet.
Coventry – Peterborough Match Preview
- Coventry City have established themselves as one of the surprise packages of the 2021/22 Championship season after equalling their best eight-game start in any division since their 1992/93 Premier League campaign (W5, D1, L2). They sit firmly in the top six going into this Friday evening clash and are on track for a third promotion in five years under Mark Robins.
- Their current form means they’re being backed by the bookies, and notably have a perfect record as pre-match favourites this season. So do the visitors, but the host’s record is much more impressive with five wins compared with Peterborough United’s one. The ‘Sky Blues’ also boast one of the league’s more impermeable defences, conceding less than 1.5 goals in all but one league encounter so far.
- Sadly for Peterborough, their pre-season tag as relegation favourites has been justified to date (W2, D1, L5). Whilst they’re four points better off than what they were after their first eight matches of their last Championship campaign, it won’t be enough to ease fears that the same relegation fate can be avoided, although Derby County’s impending points deduction will lift them out of the relegation zone for at least a week!
- The visitors’ 3-0 home victory over Birmingham City saw manager Darren Robinson overtake former-coach Barry Fry to secure the record of overseeing more Peterborough matches than any other manager. His next step will be trying to get his team’s tumultuous year back on track as they aim to secure their first points of the road.
- Players to watch: Coventry’s Viktor Gyökeres became the second man of 2021/22 to open the scoring in three consecutive Championship matches, whilst Johnson Clarke-Harris has scored in two of Peterborough’s last three league games.
- Hot stat: The home side on the day has scored before half-time in just one of the last nine H2Hs.