Alaves – Atletico Madrid Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Alaves 1-0 Atletico Madrid
Date: 25.09.2021 | Match at: 13:00 | League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 7 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.40 | Bookie: Unibet.
Alaves – Atletico Madrid Match Preview
- Alavés joined Getafe as the second club of 2021/22 to lose their first five La Liga (LL) assignments and have now failed to score in four consecutive outings. They survived in LL the last time they began with five consecutive defeats (2017/18), so even a loss to Atlético Madrid this weekend may not necessarily end their campaign.
- The heaviest of their five LL losses were suffered at the hands of Real Madrid (1-4) and Valencia (0-3), which doesn’t bode well when looking to rectify their issues against another title candidate. Alavés did, however, finish last season as one of just seven clubs to take points from the majority of their LL home matches as pre-match outsiders (W3, D4, L5).
- Their 2020/21 LL home meeting with Atlético was one of the exceptions, though. The visitors have not lost to Alavés at any venue in nearly two decades (W8, D4), whilst their undefeated start to this league season (W4, D2) leaves them well in the hunt for their first back-to-back titles since 1950/1951. Highlighting their consistency under boss Diego Simeone, this will be the sixth consecutive campaign that they are nestled in the top four after six rounds.
- Atlético have answered every challenge thrown at them so far and passed them with flying colours. Their last two LL away trips have both resulted in 2-1 victories despite half-time deficits, and on both occasions they conceded shortly before the break only to strike twice after the 75th minute to steal all three points.
- Players to watch: Joselu remains both Alavés’ last LL goalscorer as well as their last in matches against Atlético. Luis Suárez’s last seven LL goals have all been scored in the second half, as have five of his last six against Alavés.
- Hot stat: Atlético have defeated Alavés by a 2+ goal margin just twice in the last 13 H2Hs.