Italy – Spain Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Italy 1-2 Spain
Date: 06.10.2021 | Match at: 19:45 | League: UEFA Nations League – League A – Play Offs – Semi-finals | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.44 | Bookie: Unibet.
Italy – Spain Match Preview
- Italy are bidding to follow up their Euro 2020 win with UEFA Nations League (UNL) glory in what is a rare chance to claim two international competition victories in one year. They’ll have to work hard for it though, as – just like in the Euros – they meet Spain in the semi-final, against whom they’ll also put their world record run of 37 unbeaten games on the line (W30, D7 – after ET and pens).
- The ‘Azzurri’ have reason to be quietly confident though, as they’ve lost just one of the last five H2Hs (W2, D2) and they also boast a formidable record on home turf, conceding just once in their last ten matches in Italy (W9, D1). The last time they conceded first at home was in September 2020 – although they fought back to draw on that occasion with Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- Spain previously jointly held that unbeaten record with Brazil and with a new winner of this competition guaranteed, they’re eyeing up winning their first piece of international silverware since 2012 – when they ironically hammered Italy 4-0 to win the Euros! History suggests this will be a tight affair though, particularly as there’s nothing between them in the all-time H2H stakes (11 wins each, 16 draws).
- However, ‘La Roja’ haven’t beaten the hosts in Italy since 1971 – when Enrique was not yet one year old! Having lost two of their last three internationals on foreign soil and not won any of their last four contests anywhere against sides ranked inside FIFA’s top 10 (D2, L2), the odds are against the visitors producing a repeat of that 2-1 win.
- Players to watch: Moise Kean netted twice inside 30 minutes in Italy’s last match, a 5-0 win against Lithuania, including the opener. Spain’s Ferran Torres has scored four UNL goals this campaign and netted in both of Spain’s last two fixtures.
- Hot stat: None of Spain’s last eight matches featured a goalless second half (W5, D1, L2).